Contact Us

Sewer Backup? Call us FIRST at: (513) 352-4900

Call (513) 352-4900 - To report a sewer backup, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or, you can place your service request online.

Call (513) 352-4288 - To get information about our sewer backup prevention program. 

Call (513) 244-5100 - For help filing a claim with the SBU program for damages not covered by your private insurance. (State law requires that you use private insurance first.)

The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati serves as the Ombudsman for the SBU program. If you would like to speak to the Ombudsman, please call (513) 362-2801.

  • Contact the SBU Program

    Report a sewer backup

    Phone: (513) 352-4900
    Online: Report a sewer backup online

    If you have a sewer backup (SBU), please report it immediately. You can report sewer backups 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Note: SBUs must be reported within 24 hours to be eligible for reimbursement of damages.

    Get information about sewer backup prevention

    (513) 352-4288

    Filing a claim

    Start here: How to File a Claim
    Get help filing a claim: (513) 244-5100
    Just need the form? SBU Claim Form (pdf)

    SBU Ombudsman with the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati

    (513) 362-2801

SBU Site Search:

MSD Home    Customer Service    City of Cincinnati    Hamilton County    Project Groundwork

Understanding Sewer Backups

How to Prevent a Sewer Backup