Call the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) at (513) 352-4900 to report a sewer backup (SBU). Our call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also report an SBU online. Click here to report an SBU.
When you report an SBU, you will be asked some questions so we can assist you quickly and effectively. The questions may include:
- In what part of your home is the problem occurring?
- Is the water clear or not clear?
- If there is flowing water, is it a drip or a stream?
We need clear and detailed information from you so we can evaluate your backup problem and best serve you.
An MSD crew will be dispatched to your home. Please note:
- An adult age 21 or older must be at your home during the time designated for our crew to arrive. If there is no adult present when our crew arrives, your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- If you have pets, please have them restrained or placed outdoors before the crew arrives.
After the MSD crew has evaluated your situation, the crew leader will talk with you about the most likely cause of your backup, about what you should do next, and about what MSD will do next. The crew will also give you written materials to help you understand your situation and what to do next. If you are not available to speak with the crew leader, he or she will leave written materials at your door.
If you have any questions during any step of the process, please call our Customer Service Center at (513) 352-4900.