Sewer Backup? Call us FIRST at: (513) 352-4900


  • Claim Form
    Use this form to file a request for financial assistance to replace items damaged by a backup of the public sewer system. Call (513) 244-5100 for more information on filing a claim.


  • SBU Facts
    SBU Response Program statistics on help we have provided for property owners in Hamilton County.

Flood Awareness


Folletos en Español (Brochures in Spanish)


  • Contact the SBU Program

    Report a sewer backup

    Phone: (513) 352-4900
    Online: Report a sewer backup online

    If you have a sewer backup (SBU), please report it immediately. You can report sewer backups 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Note: SBUs must be reported within 24 hours to be eligible for reimbursement of damages.

    Get information about sewer backup prevention

    (513) 352-4288

    Filing a claim

    Start here: How to File a Claim
    Get help filing a claim: (513) 244-5100
    Just need the form? SBU Claim Form (pdf)

    SBU Ombudsman with the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati

    (513) 362-2801

SBU Site Search:

MSD Home    Customer Service    City of Cincinnati    Hamilton County    Project Groundwork

Understanding Sewer Backups

How to Prevent a Sewer Backup